Do You Want to Acquire Thai Citizenship in 2018? Do You Know How?
Well, before knowing how, you must know the requisites of obtaining citizenship in Thailand. Let’s scan through some of them;
- The applicant should be legally married to a Thai
• The applicant must have minimalknow-how of Thai language
• The applicant must be living in the country for at least three consecutive years
• The applicant should be employed and should be one paying tax for minimum three consecutive years
• The applicant needs to own a current Thai visa as well as the legal status to be in the country
• The applicant mustn’t have any criminal records and must be of good moral behavior
If you confirm these you stand a good chance of enjoying the benefits of being a Thai citizen. What are they?
- You can have 100% ownership of homes, businesses as well as land
2. You can be the sole shareholder in the Thai company
3. You won’t require a Thai work permit separately to work in Thailand
So, if you are a foreigner and want to obtain Thai citizenship, then you must go through the process of naturalization, which requires you to apply with proper documents. As far as the approval or denial of this application is concerned, it depends upon the Interior Minister.
A lot of expats ask whether they need to know Thai language to obtain Thai citizenship. For their information, as mentioned in the Ministerial Regulations, they must have a sound know-how of the language. Apart from these, below mentioned are a few more frequently asked questions that have been answered;
- How long will the entire process take?
It will take around 6-12 months from the moment you submit the required documents.
- I am to marry a Thai woman in a few months. Can I obtain a Thai nationality?
Marrying a Thai would allow you to apply for a long-term visa depending on your marriage visa. There are some requirements that you need to meet in order to further with the application like providing the financial requirement of 400,000 THB on the Thai Bank account. This kind of visa can be renewed every year without leaving the country.
- In the case of my Thai spouse’s death what will happen to the Thai marriage visa?
In that case, your Thai marriage visa cannot be renewed. However, if you are more than 50 years, then you can at least apply for the retirement visa.
2,589 total views, 3 views today